The Grit Vinaigrette
This recipe is from The Grit Cookbook, published by The Grit restaurant in Athens, GA. It is freaking delicious. Yields 2 cups.
- ¼ c cider vinegar (Hines)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp finely minced red onion
- 2 s garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Large pinch fresh or dried parsley
- Large pinch fresh or dried basil
- Large pinch fresh or dried oregano
- Large pinch fresh or dried thyme
- 1 c soybean oil
Combine all ingredients except oil in blender or food processor and mix well. Continue blending while adding oil in a slow, steady stream until smooth and thick. Use immediately or store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yields 2 cups.